But he said to me, "My grace is suffcient for you, for my power is made perfect
in weakness."

2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10




This past summer, when I was in Romania, this verse came to be a very important and encouraging verse to me.




The first week I was there, I really struggled. It was hard getting adjusted to the culture, and I was just completely out of my comfort zone. The food was different, the way of life was different, the language was different. This made it really hard to be a part of the culture.






About a week in to the trip, I read this verse during my quiet time. This verse became my theme for the trip. It was very encouraging to look at this verse because it says that when I am struggling, God's power is at work in MY life. It's such an awesome thought to know that the same power that made EVERYTHING in the universe is at work inside of me changing my life.





Throughout the rest of the trip, God continued to put this verse in my head. When I doubted that I could do something, this verse always popped in my head. I can now see that when I was struggling, God's power was working inside of me because I see the change he has made in my life since that trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment