1. The ministry opportunities-- I loved traveling to all the Gypsy villages and building relationships with the people there. God broke my heart for those people and I wish I could be there for them and help them in any way possible.
2. The culture--Romanian culture is so much more different than American culture. I miss how the people there all said hello wether they knew you or not. I miss the food and the way our families there held family as the most important thing in life rather than jobs or hobbies. Our whole team left Romania feeling like we could do more to make our families important to us. We learned a lot from the Romanian culture.
3. My Romanian family-- The two families we stayed with in Romania really became my family during the month we were there. I actually got to talk to Abi (Romanian father) on facebook just the other day. It was really awesome to be able to talk to him, but it also mad me really discouraged that I couldn't be there with them.
4. Team Romania-- It's crazy how living with people for a month can bring you so close together. I didn't know any of my team mates before the trip, but now it feels like I've known all of them my whole life. I know that I can be open with my team because they've seen me at my worst and at my best. We know each other really well and it's really hard not having them around now. Plus, they always made me smile. :-) Team Romania had some really funny times together.
5. The Beautiful landscape-- I loved the rolling hills that I got to see everyday while we were there. It is seriously probably to most beautiful place I've ever seen. It was especially awesome to get up early in the morning and climb one of the big hills to watch the sunrise. It was breath taking and it made me appreciate God's creation.
I want to go back so bad. I know it's pretty much all I talk about, but it's only because it is such a huge part of who I am now. My trip to Romania influenced my life and spiritual life so much that it's hard not to talk about it. I'm pray all the time that God will send me back there and I know that if it is His will, it will happen.